Biblical living in this world begins with thinking biblically about life in this world. You will not consistently respond biblically to what is happening in your life if you are not consistently thinking biblically about what is happening in your life.
Specifically, I want you to see two of the key components that this text gives us towards developing a biblical perspective on our lives as believers in this world.
1. We are strangers – to be a Christian is to be rejected by the world.
2. We are chosen – to be a Christian is to be selected by God.
It is often difficult to maintain a biblical perspective in the middle of difficult situations, however. When struggling to believe that God is really for you and really cares about what is happening in your life:
• Think about when you were chosen.
• Think about how you were converted
• Think about why you were called.