There is no way you can be happier than through having a friendship with Jesus.
Because there is no one who is a better person than Jesus.
Because there is no one who can love you like Jesus.
- He doesn’t love you to get something from you.
- He loves you as much as it is possible for a person to love someone.
- His love for you never changes.
- His love for you has been proved through the suffering He endured on your behalf.
Because there is no one who loves a person better than Jesus.
- He doesn’t only prove He loves you through what He says to you, but also through what He gives to you.
- The expressions of His love towards you in the gifts He has given you are far superior to anything anyone else has ever given you.
Because there is no one whose one friendship gets better and better and deeper and deeper as we seek to enjoy it like Jesus’.
Jonathan Edwards, 1 Peter 1:8a, A Sermon Preached to the Indians at Stockbridge in July 1757